I had a good meeting with the Scottish Government, on Friday, and we have agreed the approach to the review. I will provide full details when I have agreed the contract with the Government on behalf of the Forum, but the key features are:
- The review process will start this month;
- A draft revised Code will be produced by the end of August;
- The draft revised Code will be road-tested in four workshops to be held in different parts of the country during the next muirburn season;
- Feedback from the workshops will be used to refine the Code; and
- A revised Code will be presented to the Scottish Government for adoption when all feedback has been incorporated.