Summary of the Discussion
1 Agenda for the Forum meeting on 28 February
- Modified and agreed.
2 Species Interactions
- New title agreed: Understanding Predation
- Paper discussed at the meeting would be revised to incorporate the issues considered, and the revised version would be circulated to Forum members for review at the Forum meeting.
- Scope to be: "Avian and mammalian predators of wild birds". Piscivorous birds would be excluded, but it was agreed that the scope could include mammal on mammal predation where it was relevant.
3 Forum Summer Meeting
- Mar Lodge at Braemar was the preferred option and details will be presented at the Forum meeting. Members will be asked to consider the proposal.
4 Development of best practice Moorland Management Guidance
- This would be a development of the Principles of Moorland Management, published by the Forum in 2003. The proposal that was discussed would also be presented at the Forum meeting.
- Four members had yet to pay their annual subscriptions.
6 SNH Chairman
- An early opportunity would be sought for the Chairman and Director to meet Andrew Thin’s successor as Chairman of SNH.