There are two pilots to test the application of the Land Use Strategy and these are taking place in the Scottish Borders and in Aberdeenshire. The Moorland Forum is keeping in touch with both of them.
The Tweed Forum is running the Borders Pilot, and a series of public meetings is being organised to consider 6 case study catchments. These case studies have been established to assess the application of the Land Use Study principles to a discrete area of land. This is an important step as it will allow the Land Use Strategy to shift from being purely a policy instrument to having a direct impact on decisions that affect land management.
Details of the Borders pilot meetings can be found in documents on the Tweed Forum website:
- Case Study Catchments - Stakeholder Events
- Public Meeting in Whitsome Village Hall
- Monday January 13th, 2014 - 7.30pm-9.00pm
- Public Meeting in Stow Town Hall
- Wednesday January 15th, 2014 7.30pm-9.00pm